Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First day of Classes! Monday September 13th

So yesterday, I had class from 9 am to 6 p.m.! So longgggg but I loved most of them. I love my Italian class so much! It is so great to finally learn the language of the country that I am in! :) We learned how to do basic greetings lie Ciao! and Buongiorno! Come stai? Io sono bien. Etc. I love love love learning this language! It is beautful! After class my roommate Kelsey and I went to get notebooks from a local market. Something interesting is that there are no normal American notebooks, or very few I should say. The notebook paper is graphing paper. After Italian, I had International Business, which I know will be tough but I will definitely learn a lot. We were studying oil in Iran and other case studies, very similar to my business classes at Whittier College.My last course was Photography in Roma, which is very interesting, however, my Professor speaks little English, so it is so hard to understand what he is saying. We walked around and took random pictures of Rome for 20 minutes. After class, Kelsey and I went to the grocery store to buy food from the market because it is too expensive to eat out frequently. We bought fresh basil, pesto, pasta, bread, olive oil, vegetables, and much more. I love making meals for guests and eating with all of my roommates! One thing I have to get used to is the conservation of electricity. We can only plug in a couple of things at once or the power won't work. Also, there are no microwaves or dryers! So weird! Also, I went to the mcdonalds by the Panthenon, so gorgeous! lol Well thats all for now. I will definitely be blogging later after we go to Piazza Novona tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment